Any of the following is authorized to possess an offensive weapon when the person's duties or lawful activities require or permit such possession:
1. Any peace officer.
2. Any member of the armed forces of the United States or of the national guard.
3. Any person in the service of the United States.
4. A correctional officer, serving in an institution under the authority of the Iowa department of corrections.
5. Any person who under the laws of this state and the United States, is lawfully engaged in the business of supplying those authorized to possess such devices.
6. Any person, firm or corporation who under the laws of this state and the United States is lawfully engaged in the improvement, invention or manufacture of firearms.
7. Any museum or similar place which possesses, solely as relics, offensive weapons which are rendered permanently unfit for use.
[C27, 31, 35, § 12960-b4, 12960-b5, 12960-b7; C39, § 12960.04, 12960.05, 12960.07; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, § 696.4--;696.7; C79, 81, § 724.2]
83 Acts, ch 96, § 122, 159
Referred to in § 724.1
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997