As used in this chapter, "real estate broker" means a person acting for another for a fee, commission, or other compensation or promise, whether it be for all or part of a person's time, and who engages directly or indirectly in any of the following acts:
1. Sells, exchanges, purchases, rents, or leases real estate.
2. Lists, offers, attempts, or agrees to list real estate for sale, exchange, purchase, rent, or lease.
3. Advertises or holds oneself out as being engaged in the business of selling, exchanging, purchasing, renting, leasing, or managing real estate.
4. Negotiates, or offers, attempts, or agrees to negotiate, the sale, exchange, purchase, rental, or lease of real estate.
5. Buys, sells, offers to buy or sell, or otherwise deals in options on real estate or improvements on real estate.
6. Collects, or offers, attempts, or agrees to collect, rent for the use of real estate.
7. Assists or directs in the procuring of prospects, intended to result in the sale, exchange, purchase, rental, or leasing of real estate.
8. Assists or directs in the negotiation of any transaction intended to result in the sale, exchange, purchase, rental, or leasing of real estate.
[C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, 71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 117.3]
C93, § 543B.3 ~I95 Acts, ch 170, §2
Referred to in § 543B.5, 543B.6, 543B.7, 543B.43
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997