1. Each domestic corporation, and each foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state, shall deliver to the secretary of state for filing an annual report that sets forth all of the following:
a. The name of the corporation and the state or country under whose law it is incorporated.
b. The address of its registered office and the name of its registered agent at that office in this state, together with the consent of any new registered agent.
c. The address of its principal office.
d. The names and addresses of the president, secretary, treasurer, and one member of the board of directors.
2. Information in the annual report must be current as of the first day of January of the year in which the report is due. The annual report shall be executed on behalf of the corporation and signed as provided in section 490.120 or by any other person authorized by the board of directors of the corporation.
3. The first annual report shall be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the year following the calendar year in which a domestic corporation was incorporated or a foreign corporation was authorized to transact business. Subsequent annual reports must be delivered to the secretary of state between January 1 and April 1 of the following calendar years.
4. If an annual report does not contain the information required by this section, the secretary of state shall promptly notify the reporting domestic or foreign corporation in writing and return the report to it for correction. If the report is corrected to contain the information required by this section and delivered to the secretary of state within thirty days after the effective date of notice, it is deemed to be timely filed.
5. The secretary of state may provide for the change of registered office or registered agent on the form prescribed by the secretary of state for the annual report, provided that the form contains the information required in section 490.502 or 490.1508. If the secretary of state determines that an annual report does not contain the information required by this section but otherwise meets the requirements of section 490.502 or 490.1508 for the purpose of changing the registered office or registered agent, the secretary of state shall file the statement of change of registered office or registered agent, effective as provided in section 490.123, before returning the annual report to the corporation as provided in this section. A statement of change of registered office or agent pursuant to this subsection shall be executed by a person authorized to execute the annual report.
89 Acts, ch 288, §181; 96 Acts, ch 1170, § 20, 21
Referred to in § 490.120, 490.125, 490.128, 490.502, 490.1420, 490.1508, 490.1530, 490.1601, 501.107
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997