A home rule charter must contain provisions for:
1. A council of an odd number of members, not less than five.
2. A mayor, who may be one of those council members.
3. Two-year or staggered four-year terms of office for the mayor and council members.
4. The powers and duties of the mayor and the council, consistent with the provisions of the city code.
5. A council representation plan pursuant to section 372.13, subsection 11.
[C75, 77, 79, 81, § 372.10]
91 Acts, ch 256, §38
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997