1. As used in this subchapter, unless the context otherwise requires, "authority" means the Iowa finance authority.
2. The authority shall cooperate with the department of public defense in the creation, administration, and funding of the E911 program established in subchapter I.
3. The authority may issue its bonds and notes for the purpose of funding E911 nonrecurring and recurring costs of one or more E911 service areas.
4. The authority may issue its bonds and notes for the purposes of this chapter and may enter into one or more lending agreements or purchase agreements with one or more bondholders or noteholders containing the terms and conditions of the repayment of and the security for the bonds or notes. The authority and the bondholders or noteholders or a trustee agent designated by the authority may enter into agreements to provide for any of the following:
a. That the proceeds of the bonds and notes and the investments of the proceeds may be received, held, and disbursed by the authority or by a trustee or agent designated by the authority.
b. That the bondholders or noteholders or a trustee or agent designated by the authority may collect, invest, and apply the amount payable under the loan agreements or any other instruments securing the debt obligations under the loan agreements.
c. That the bondholders or noteholders may enforce the remedies provided in the loan agreements or other instruments on their own behalf without the appointment or designation of a trustee. If there is a default in the principal of or interest on the bonds or notes or in the performance of any agreement contained in the loan agreements or other instruments, the payment or performance may be enforced in accordance with the loan agreement or other instrument.
d. Other terms and conditions as deemed necessary or appropriate by the authority.
5. The powers granted the authority under this section are in addition to other powers contained in chapter 16. All other provisions of chapter 16, except section 16.28, subsection 4, apply to bonds or notes issued and powers granted to the authority under this section, except to the extent they are inconsistent with this section.
6. All bonds or notes issued by the authority in connection with the program are exempt from taxation by this state and the interest on the bonds or notes is exempt from state income tax, both personal and corporate.
90 Acts, ch 1144, §6 ~IC91, § 477B.20 ~IC93, § 34A.20
Referred to in § 34A.7, 34A.21
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997