1. There is created in each county a county compensation board which shall be composed of seven members who are residents of the county. The members of the county compensation board shall be selected as follows:
a. Two members shall be appointed by the board of supervisors.
b. One member shall be appointed by each of the following county officers: the county auditor, county attorney, county recorder, county treasurer, and county sheriff.
2. The members of the county compensation board shall be appointed to four-year, staggered terms of office. The members of the county compensation board shall not be officers or employees of the state or a political subdivision of the state. A term shall be effective on the first of July of the year of appointment and a vacancy shall be filled for the unexpired term in the same manner as the original appointment.
3. The members of the county compensation board shall receive no compensation, but they shall be reimbursed for their actual and necessary expenses incurred in the performance of their official duties.
4. The county compensation board shall elect a chairperson and vice chairperson annually from among its membership. The county compensation board shall meet at the call of the chairperson or upon written request of a majority of its membership. The concurrence of a majority of the members of the county compensation board shall determine any matter relating to its duties.
5. The board of supervisors shall provide the necessary office facilities and the technical and clerical assistance requested by the county compensation board to carry out its duties.
6. The expenses of the county compensation board members, the salaries and expenses of any technical and clerical assistance, and the cost of providing any facilities shall be paid from the general fund of the county.
[C77, 79, 81, § 340A.1, 340A.4, 340A.5, 340A.7; S81, § 331.905; 81 Acts, ch 117, § 904, 907; 82 Acts, ch 1104, § 60]
87 Acts, ch 227, §28
Referred to in § 331.321, 331.322
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997