The recorder shall collect:
1. For the issuance of a registration or transfer for a vessel or boat:
a. A registration fee as provided in section 462A.5.
b. A writing fee as provided in section 462A.53.
c. A transfer and writing fee as provided in section 462A.44.
2. For issuance of hunting, fishing, and fur harvester licenses:
a. The fees specified in section 483A.1. The recorder may designate depositaries to issue the licenses and collect the appropriate fees as provided in section 483A.11.
b. The writing fee as provided in section 483A.12.
3. For the issuance of a state migratory waterfowl stamp, a fee as provided in section 484A.3.
4. For the issuance of snowmobile registrations, the fees specified in section 321G.4.
5. A county fee of four dollars for the following certificates, records, or services:
a. A certified copy of a birth record, death record, or marriage certificate.
b. A birth registration.
6. For filing an application for the license to marry, thirty dollars. For issuing an application for an order of the district court authorizing the issuance of a license to marry before the expiration of three days from the date of filing the application for the license, five dollars. The district court shall authorize the issuance of a marriage license without the payment of any fees imposed in this subsection upon showing that the applicant is unable to pay the fees.
7. Other fees as provided by law.
However, the county shall not be required to pay the fees required in this section.
[S81, § 331.605; 81 Acts, ch 117, § 604]
85 Acts, ch 159, § 2; 92 Acts, ch 1005, § 2; 95 Acts, ch 124, § 11, 26; 96 Acts, ch 1034, § 30
Referred to in § 144.13A, 144.36, 144.46, 331.604, 331.610
© 1997 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Mon Jan 27 16:05:08 CST 1997