Senator Mariannette Miller-Meeks View All Years
Serving first term in Senate.
Received B.S. in nursing from Texas Christian University, M.S. in education from the University of Southern California, and M.D. from the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. Completed residency in ophthalmology at the University of Iowa.
Lieutenant Colonel, U.S. Army; medical services, U.S. Army Reserves retired.
Memberships and Activities
Associate examiner, American Board of Ophthalmology. President of medical staff, Ottumwa Regional Health Center. President, Iowa Academy of Ophthalmology. Volunteer physician at Cedar Rapids Community Health Free Clinic. Parish Council Member, St. Mary’s Church.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1955 in Herlong, California. Resides in Ottumwa.
Husband, Curt; two children.
88th GA (2019)
- Appropriations (01/13/2020 - 01/02/2021)
- Commerce (01/14/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Ethics (11/05/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Human Resources (Chair) (01/14/2019 - 11/05/2019)
- State Government (01/14/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Veterans Affairs (Vice Chair) (01/14/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Health and Human Services Appropriations Subcommittee (01/14/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Health Policy Oversight Committee (01/14/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Council on Human Services (02/04/2019 - 01/02/2021)
- Governmental Public Health Advisory Council (02/04/2019 - 06/30/2019)
- Review Committee for DHS for Waiver Implementation (02/04/2019 - 07/01/2019)