Representative Gary L. Carlson View All Years
87 (2017) - 88 (2019)
Serving third term in House.
Vice president with HNI Corporation.
Graduated from Wapello High School. Received B.B.A. from the University of Iowa.
Memberships and Activities
Member of St. Mathias Catholic Church and co-chair of the Mayor’s Community Improvement Action Team. Director of the Crossroads Foundation and Muscatine Community College Foundation.
Birth and Residence
Born in 1950 in Cedar Falls. Resides in Muscatine.
Wife, Sheryl; five children and nine grandchildren.
88th GA (2019)
- Commerce (Chair) (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Economic Growth (01/12/2015 - 01/10/2021)
- Labor (11/15/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Transportation (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Ways and Means (01/14/2019 - 01/10/2021)
- Public Retirement Systems Committee (09/16/2015 - 01/10/2021)
- Mental Health and Disability Services Funding Study Committee (08/24/2018 - 01/10/2021)
- Iowa Innovation Council (01/31/2019 - 01/10/2021)