598.25  Termination of jurisdiction of court granting marriage dissolution decree.

Whenever a proceeding is initiated in a court for adoption involving the children of parents or guardians whose marriage has been dissolved, or for modification of a judgment of alimony, child support, or custody granted in an action for dissolution of marriage, the following requirements must be met if such proceedings are initiated in a court other than the court which granted the dissolution decree.

1.  The party initiating such proceedings must present to the court the names and addresses of the parties to the dissolution decree if known, as well as the name and place of the court which granted the dissolution decree and the date of the decree.

2.  The court in which the proceedings are initiated shall cause notice of such proceedings to be served upon the parties to the original action unless either or both parties are deceased.

Such court, or either of the parties to the dissolution decree, may request that a copy of the transcript of the proceedings of the court which granted the dissolution decree be made available for consideration in the new proceedings.

Section History: Early form

  [C71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 598.25]

Previous Section 598.24

Next Section 598.26

Return To Home index

© 2002 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa

Comments about this site or page? webmaster@legis.iowa.gov.
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.

Last update: Thu Jan 24 10:51:05 CST 2002