1. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1990, there is appropriated from the general fund of the state to the department of education the amount of ninety-two million one hundred thousand eighty-five dollars to be used to improve teacher salaries. For each fiscal year in the fiscal period commencing July 1, 1991, and ending June 30, 1993, there is appropriated an amount equal to the amount appropriated for the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1990, plus an amount sufficient to pay the costs of the additional funding provided for school districts and area education agencies under sections 294A.9 and 294A.14. For each fiscal year beginning on or after July 1, 1995, there is appropriated the sum which was appropriated for the previous fiscal year, including supplemental payments. The moneys shall be distributed as provided in this section.
2. The amount of one hundred fifteen thousand five hundred dollars to be paid to the department of human services for distribution to its licensed classroom teachers at institutions under the control of the department of human services for payments for phase II based upon the average student yearly enrollment at each institution as determined by the department of human services.
3. The amount of ninety-four thousand six hundred dollars to be paid to the state board of regents for distribution to licensed classroom teachers at the Iowa braille and sight saving school and the Iowa school for the deaf for payments of minimum salary supplements for phase I and payments for phase II based upon the average yearly enrollment at each school as determined by the state board of regents.
4. Commencing with the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1988, the amount of one hundred thousand dollars to be paid to the department of education for dis- tribution to the tribal council of the Sac and Fox Indian settlement located on land held in trust by the secretary of the interior of the United States. Moneys allocated under this subsection shall be used for the purposes specified in section 256.30.
5. Commencing with the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1990, the amount of sixty thousand dollars for the ambassador to education program under section 256.43.
6. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1990, and succeeding fiscal years, the remainder of moneys appropriated in subsection 1 to the department of education shall be deposited in the educational excellence fund to be allocated in an amount to meet the minimum salary requirements of this chapter for phase I, in an amount to meet the requirements for phase II, and the remainder of the appropriation for phase III.
7. Commencing with the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1993, the amount of fifty thousand dollars for geography alliance, seventy thousand dollars for gifted and talented, and one hundred eighty thousand dollars for a management information system from additional funds transferred from phase I to phase III.
8. For the fiscal year beginning July 1, 1995, to the department of education from phase III moneys the amount of one million two hundred fifty thousand dollars for support for the operations of the new Iowa schools development corporation and for school transformation design and implementation projects administered by the corporation. Of the amount provided in this subsection, one hundred fifty thousand dollars shall be used for the school and community planning initiative.
87 Acts, ch 233, §491; 88 Acts, ch 1284, § 50; 89 Acts, ch 135, § 101, 102; 89 Acts, ch 265, §40; 90 Acts, ch 1272, § 73; 92 Acts, ch 1227, § 27; 92 Acts, ch 1246, § 49; 93 Acts, ch 179, § 26--;28, 34; 94 Acts, ch 1023, §101; 94 Acts, ch 1193, §32; 95 Acts, ch 209, §2; 95 Acts, ch 218, §29
© 1996 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Thu Feb 15 22:53:10 CST 1996