All records of the division of banking shall be public records subject to the provisions of chapter 22, except that all papers, documents, reports, reports of examinations and other writings relating specifically to the supervision and regulation of any state bank or other person by the superintendent pursuant to the laws of this state shall not be public records and shall not be open for examination or copying by the public or for examination or publication by the news media.
The superintendent, deputy superintendent, assistants, or examiners shall not be subpoenaed in any cause or proceeding to give testimony concerning information relating specifically to the supervision and regulation of any state bank or other person by the superintendent pursuant to the laws of this state, and the records of the banking division which relate specifically to the supervision and regulation of any such state bank or other such person shall not be offered in evidence in any court or subject to subpoena by any party except, where relevant:
1. In such actions or proceedings as are brought by the superintendent.
2. In any matter in which an interested and proper party seeks review of a decision of the superintendent.
3. In any action or proceeding which arises out of the criminal provisions of the laws of this state or the United States.
4. In any action brought as a shareholders derivative suit against a state bank.
5. In any action brought to recover moneys the loss of which was a result of embezzlement, misappropriation, or misuse of state bank funds by a director, officer, or employee of the state bank.
[C31, 35, § 9146-c1; C39, § 9146.1; C46, 50, 54, 58, 62, 66, § 524.19; C71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 524.215]
95 Acts, ch 148, §15
Referred to in § 524.212
© 1996 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa
Last update: Thu Feb 15 22:53:10 CST 1996