Iowa General Assembly Banner

321E.28 Single-trip and annual permits for mobile homes or factory-built structures.

The department and local authorities may, upon application and with good cause shown, issue single-trip or annual permits for the movement of mobile homes or factory-built structures of widths including appurtenances exceeding twelve feet five inches subject to the following conditions:

1. Permits shall be issued only when the movement can be safely accomplished without causing unnecessary traffic congestion.

2. Permits issued under this section shall specify the route over which the mobile home or factory-built structure shall be moved, and wherever possible, the department and local authorities shall specify highways having a roadway at least twenty-four feet in width.

3. Single-trip permits may be issued by the department or local authorities contingent upon favorable road and weather conditions.

4. A permit may be issued to allow the movement of a mobile home or factory-built structure on a fully controlled- access, divided, multilaned highway.

For the purposes of this section, "factory-built structure" means a structure which is wholly or in substantial part, made, fabricated, formed, or assembled in manufacturing facilities for installation or assembly and installation on a building site and which is temporarily moved on its own axles.

Section History: Early form

[C77, 79, 81, § 321E.28; 81 Acts, ch 112, § 1]

Section History: Recent form

83 Acts, ch 74, § 1; 88 Acts, ch 1208, § 3; 91 Acts, ch 133, § 4; 92 Acts, ch 1100, § 6

Internal References

Referred to in § 321E.31

Return To Home Iowa General Assembly

index Search: Iowa Code 1995

© 1996 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa


Last update: Thu Feb 8 18:14:51 CST 1996
URL: /IACODE/1995/321E/28.html