Iowa General Assembly Banner

321E.2 Permit-issuing authorities.

Annual permits and single-trip permits shall be issued by the authority responsible for the maintenance of the system of highways or streets. However, the department may issue permits on primary road extensions in cities in conjunction with movements on the rural primary road system. The department may issue an all-system permit under section 321E.8 which is valid for movements on all highways or streets under the jurisdiction of either the state or those local authorities which have indicated in writing to the department those streets or highways for which an all-system permit is not valid.

At the request of a local authority, the department shall issue annual and single-trip permits that are under the jurisdiction of the local authority.

Section History: Early form

[C71, 73, 75, 77, 79, 81, § 321E.2]

Section History: Recent form

86 Acts, ch 1210, § 7; 94 Acts, ch 1087, §11

Internal References

Referred to in § 321E.1

Return To Home Iowa General Assembly

index Search: Iowa Code 1995

© 1996 Cornell College and League of Women Voters of Iowa


Last update: Thu Feb 8 18:14:51 CST 1996
URL: /IACODE/1995/321E/2.html