House File 00400 Directory Index
The first 200 significant characters of the Bill Summary is provided
after each file for your convenience. The full Bill Summary is provided
in the Bill History for the file. For files without a Bill History, the
200 characters of the file itself is used.
- House File 400
- ... requirements for lawn care professionals obtaining licenses as commercial applicators of pesticides.
- House File 401
- ... state government personnel procedures including job classifications, pay plans, employee recall from layoff, and abolishing the personnel commission. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 402
- ...providing for research regarding the production and marketing of industrial hemp.
- House File 403
- ...increasing the speed limit on interstate and fully controlled-access, divided, multilaned highways for certain motor vehicles. (Formerly HF 302)
- House File 404
- ... the establishment of a class size reduction program, increasing the physical plant and equipment levy limits for eligible school districts, and making an appropriation.
- House File 405
- ... the sale, lease, or other disposition of property belonging to a school district or area education agency and providing an immediate effective date. Effective 5-26-97.
- House File 406
- ...or omission relating to cleanup of abandoned property or of a parcel of land purchased at a tax sale.
- House File 407
- ... future damages in personal injury actions to be adjusted according to present value.
- House File 408
- ... the appropriation and allocation of franchise tax revenue, establishing a program to identify nonfilers and nonpayers of state taxes, and providing an effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 727)
- House File 409
- ...allowing teaching parents to provide driver's education instruction.
- House File 410
- ... programs administered by the college student aid commission and establishing an osteopathic physician recruitment program. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 411
- ...changing election and appointment provisions relating to the secretary of agriculture. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 672)
- House File 412
- ... the consideration by the court of a pattern of domestic abuse and of the identity of the primary physical aggressor in the determination of a history of domestic abuse pertaining to the awarding of c
- House File 413
- ...providing for voluntary limitation of campaign expenditures and contributions for certain elective officers, providing for disclosure for candidates who do not elect to voluntarily limit campaign expe
- House File 414
- ... the definition of soldier for property tax exemption purposes.
- House File 415
- ... the filing of biennial reports by certain corporations and cooperative associations, and establishing fees.
- House File 416
- ... regulation of trucks and certain other large motor vehicles, including maximum vehicle weights, defining terms, providing effective dates, and making penalties applicable. Various effective dates, se
- House File 417
- ... the collection and recycling of motor oil filters. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 673)
- House File 418
- ...prohibiting gambling licensees from allowing the loaning of money by credit card or other electronic means for gambling purposes.
- House File 419
- ... acts which constitute dealing in real estate. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 638)
- House File 420
- ... health care facilities by requiring employment checks of health care facility employees. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 634)
- House File 421
- ...establishing restrictions on contributions to political campaigns and making penalties applicable.
- House File 422
- ...research into the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes.
- House File 423
- ... the establishment of an abstinence education pilot program. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 691)
- House File 424
- ... the election of the board of directors for an area education agency and providing effective date and applicability provisions.
- House File 425
- ... state election laws, absentee voting, and voter registration.
- House File 426
- ... the location of certain community-based residential homes in residential areas of cities and counties.
- House File 427
- ... a peace officer to administer a preliminary screening test for alcohol and drugs under certain circumstances.
- House File 428
- ... licensing and certification of certain occupations relating to real estate, by providing for appraiser certification, discipline of brokers and salespersons, and related matters, and making a penalty
- House File 429
- ...eliminating the county compensation board.
- House File 430
- ... the issuance of lifetime fishing, hunting, and combined fishing and hunting licenses for residents who are sixty-five years of age or older.
- House File 431
- ... the retail sales tax on the gross receipts of lottery sales.
- House File 432
- ... the criteria for issuance of handicapped special plates and making a civil penalty applicable.
- House File 433
- ...to increase the penalty applicable to lascivious acts with a child.
- House File 434
- ... competitive demonstration grants for school districts and establishing an alternative education program for certain at-risk students and making an appropriation.
- House File 435
- ... the establishment of a domestic abuse death review team including providing for membership, duties, immunity for members acting in their official capacity, and providing confidentiality provisions.
- House File 436
- ...extending the continued operation of the department of human rights and providing an effective date.
- House File 437
- ... the issuance of annual fishing, hunting, and combined fishing and hunting licenses for residents who are sixty-five years of age or older.
- House File 438
- ...establishing mandatory penalties of confinement for peace officers who commit certain controlled substance, counterfeit controlled substance, or simulated controlled substance offenses.
- House File 439
- ... the development of a repository for criminal history, abuse and sex offender registries, and nurse aide and other health profession certification and licensing information. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 440
- ... child endangerment and providing penalties.
- House File 441
- ...the posting of photographs of persons who willfully disobey an order or decree regarding a child support obligation or child visitation.
- House File 442
- ...providing for an ex parte order for a medically relevant test to determine the presence of an illegal drug in a child's body.
- House File 443
- ... legislative approval of an updated transportation policy.
- House File 444
- ... the voter approval of annexation and severance of territory to or from a city, including voters residing within two miles of a proposed annexation.
- House File 445
- ...exempting the sale of clothing from the state sales, services, and use taxes.
- House File 446
- ... tonnage fees for solid waste transported out of state.
- House File 447
- ... compensation to victims of international terrorism who are residents of Iowa and providing an effective date. (Formerly HSB 148)
- House File 448
- ...providing for the establishment of a lien by licensed professionals against damages collected by an injured patient and providing a penalty.
- House File 449
- ...to prohibit sex acts when one participant was prevented from consenting by a controlled substance including flunitrazepam, and providing penalties. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 450
- ... application of the penalty for improperly passing a stopped school bus. (Formerly HF 240)
- House File 451
- ...providing coverage under a policy or contract providing for third-party payment or prepayment of health or medical expenses for the costs associated with specialty and medically required foods for per
- House File 452
- ... hospital clinical privileges of a physician assistant or advanced registered nurse practitioner.
- House File 453
- ... the grounds for termination of parental rights of a putative father. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 454
- ...of conflicts between rural water districts and city water utilities.
- House File 455
- ...making it a delinquent act to be a chronic runaway.
- House File 456
- ... city civil service and providing an effective date. Effective 7-1-97, with exception of Section 1, effective 1-1-98.
- House File 457
- ...eligible alternative retirement benefit systems for newly employed community college employees, and providing an applicability date. (Formerly HSB 117)
- House File 458
- ... the establishment of a single open season for deer hunting. (Formerly HF 270)
- House File 459
- ... the establishment of the Iowa prepaid postsecondary tuition program, creating a prepaid postsecondary tuition fund, and providing for related matters.
- House File 460
- ... underinsured or uninsured motor vehicle insurance coverage for damages to property.
- House File 461
- ...extending the provisions relating to the eradication of brucellosis to apply to animals other than bovine animals, and making penalties applicable, and providing an effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F
- House File 462
- ... inspection and duplication of health care records upon the request of a patient.
- House File 463
- ... the cancellation of certain motor vehicle insurance policies.
- House File 464
- ...establishing an unauthorized practice of law commission.
- House File 465
- ... requests for polygraphs from sexual abuse victims or witnesses.
- House File 466
- ...providing for the transfer of title in real estate between state agencies.
- House File 467
- ...residency requirements for school district attendance.
- House File 468
- ... the adjudication and sentencing of certain criminal offenders, by providing for notice and hearings on reconsiderations of sentence, and eliminating certain sexual offenders from eligibility for susp
- House File 469
- ... senior judges to stand for retention at election and providing an applicability date.
- House File 470
- ... family investment program requirements involving the specified relative of a child receiving assistance.
- House File 471
- ...abolishing the county compensation board.
- House File 472
- ...establishing the office of quality control within the office of citizens' aide for the investigation and determination of cost savings in state government.
- House File 473
- ...establishing the offense of promoting or possessing contraband in prisons, jails, and juvenile facilities and establishing penalties.
- House File 474
- ...permitting a court to order protective measures regarding the testimony of a victim of sexual abuse.
- House File 475
- ... the acquisition of a branch of a savings association by a newly chartered bank and providing an effective date. Effective 4-18-97.
- House File 476
- ... the appointment of a consumer advocate on insurance.
- House File 477
- ... the appropriation of funds for the school improvement technology program and providing for properly related matters.
- House File 478
- ...providing coverage for certain emergency medical expenses under a policy or contract providing for third-party payment or prepayment of health or medical expenses.
- House File 479
- ... the deposit of state gambling revenues into funds to be used for infrastructure projects of school districts, cities, counties, and the state, and making appropriations.
- House File 480
- ... the repair and reconstruction of state property, and establishing oversight councils.
- House File 481
- ... the loss of good conduct time by inmates of correctional institutions who file certain frivolous lawsuits.
- House File 482
- ... school vertical infrastructure funding.
- House File 483
- ...to permit the imposition of jail time of up to thirty days as part of an intermediate criminal sanctions program.
- House File 484
- ... installment payments for assessments by drainage districts.
- House File 485
- ... drainage districts by eliminating notice by petitioning landowners regarding the establishment of subdistricts. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 486
- ... registration of family day care homes, providing a penalty, and providing an effective date.
- House File 487
- ...gender balance for appointive committees of political subdivisions of the state.
- House File 488
- ... levee and drainage districts by providing for the assessment of lands owned by the department of natural resources.
- House File 489
- ... licensing sanctions against persons who default on obligations owed to or collected by the college student aid commission.
- House File 490
- ... a grant for the procurement of a landmark listed on the national historic registry and making an appropriation.
- House File 491
- ... the penalty for commission of an offense pertaining to voting.
- House File 492
- ... supplemental needs trusts for persons with disabilities. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 493
- ... requirements for county management plans for mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services, and including an effective date and an applicability provision.
- House File 494
- ... the minimum liability limits under the state's motor vehicle financial responsibility law.
- House File 495
- ... certain machinery, equipment, and computers for purposes of property taxation and providing an applicability date. (Formerly HF 157) Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 496
- ... school finance by providing for retention of special education support services, media services, and educational services funds by a school district, authorization of school districts to contract wit
- House File 497
- ... immunizations under the family investment program and providing an effective date. (Formerly HSB 163)
- House File 498
- ... school finance providing for additional funding for at-risk students, restructuring the method for determining state aid for special education students, providing a unified regular program and specia
- House File 499
- ... highway construction area safety.
© 1998 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:48:14 CDT 1998