House File 00200 Directory Index
The first 200 significant characters of the Bill Summary is provided
after each file for your convenience. The full Bill Summary is provided
in the Bill History for the file. For files without a Bill History, the
200 characters of the file itself is used.
- House File 200
- ... nonsubstantive Code corrections. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 201
- ... licensure of orthopedic physician assistants, establishing a board of orthopedic physician assistant examiners, establishing fees and penalties, and providing for properly related matters.
- House File 202
- ... the issuance of free deer hunting licenses to owners and tenants of farm units.
- House File 203
- ... the theft of video rental property and making penalties applicable.
- House File 204
- ... the inclusion of a communication or contact agreement in an order for the termination of parental rights or in an adoption decree if the child had previously received child foster care.
- House File 205
- ...providing for great-grandparent visitation rights. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 643)
- House File 206
- ... the third-party payment of health care coverage costs for preventive care services and mental health and substance abuse treatment services.
- House File 207
- ... the discarding of solid waste and providing a penalty.
- House File 208
- ... an expansion of the national guard tuition aid program to include active members of a United States military reserve unit based in this state or that drills in this state.
- House File 209
- ... the sales, services, and use tax exemption for the sale of tangible personal property which is purchased for lease or rental. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2540)
- House File 210
- ... the appointment of district associate judges in lieu of associate juvenile judges.
- House File 211
- ... the possession of curio or relic firearms by members of certain organizations. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 617)
- House File 212
- ... the taxation of real property used in the operation of a racetrack or racetrack enclosure. (Formerly H.F. 44) Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 213
- ... payment of restitution by persons convicted of a violation of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (OWI), including removing the limitation on OWI victim restitution payments and allowing publ
- House File 214
- ... the establishment of a council for voluntary high standards and assessment development and to the adoption of voluntary model content standards and assessments by the state board of education and by
- House File 215
- ... that an insurance company not consider certain accidents for the purpose of establishing motor vehicle insurance rates.
- House File 216
- ...creating an environmental audit privilege and providing penalties. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 681)
- House File 217
- ...providing for the plugging of agricultural drainage wells and the construction of alternative drainage systems.
- House File 218
- ... service of notices of appraisement of property for state inheritance tax purposes. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 219
- ... a partial exemption for retirement income for purposes of state individual income taxation and providing a retroactive applicability date.
- House File 220
- ... the monitoring of anaerobic lagoons and earthen manure storage basins by the department of natural resources.
- House File 221
- ... the construction of earthen manure storage basins and anaerobic lagoons within an agricultural drainage well basin, and making penalties applicable.
- House File 222
- ...pay and benefit rights of fire fighters under civil service who are elected as officers in certain professional fire fighter organizations, and providing an effective date.
- House File 223
- ... the hunting area for persons with free deer hunting licenses and free wild turkey hunting licenses.
- House File 224
- ...establishing English as the common language of the state.
- House File 225
- ... the records of nonprofit corporations licensed to conduct pari-mutuel wagering and nonprofit corporations licensed to conduct gambling games.
- House File 226
- ... computation of time by which criminal sentences may be reduced for good behavior and providing for limited retroactive applicability. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 227
- ... the designation of certain correctional facilities. (Formerly HSB 75)
- House File 228
- ... permits issued to licensed automobile tire recycling dealers to own or operate a waste tire site. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 229
- ... the availability of a map indicating the location of electric transmission lines related to the extension of a franchise. (Formerly HSB 92) Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 230
- ... school finance, by providing for on-time funding for new students based upon increased student enrollment, making an appropriation, and providing an effective date.
- House File 231
- ... the exemption from the sales, services, and use taxes of heat for use in residential-type dwellings and for fuel used to provide heat for residential-type dwellings and providing an applicability dat
- House File 232
- ...providing for court-ordered treatment of a criminal defendant judged mentally incapable of standing trial. (Formerly HSB 74) Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 233
- ... cooperative associations, by providing for the filing of documents and providing for the effective date of a merger or consolidation. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 234
- ... election of mayors in certain cities and providing an immediate effective date. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 680)
- House File 235
- ... the statistical reporting of terminations of pregnancy and establishing a penalty. (Formerly HSB 35)
- House File 236
- ... eligibility for unemployment compensation benefits for temporary employees of a temporary employment firm. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 237
- ... school corporation bond issuance elections and authorizing school corporations to impose an income surtax to partially fund certain bonds by providing a property tax credit, and providing for the Act
- House File 238
- ... free deer hunting licenses issued to owners and tenants of farm units, or members of their families.
- House File 239
- ... bicycles to be equipped with an orange flag when operated on streets or highways having speed limits of twenty- five miles per hour or greater and providing a penalty.
- House File 240
- ... application of the penalty for improperly passing a stopped school bus. (See Cmte. Bill HF 450)
- House File 241
- ...prohibiting the restriction of medical communications by health care providers and providing effective and applicability dates.
- House File 242
- ... transportation of certain patients by regional transit systems to the university of Iowa hospitals.
- House File 243
- ... the commercial air service marketing program.
- House File 244
- ... the county debt service fund. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 245
- ...allowing a judge to order a defendant convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated to participate in a reality education substance abuse prevention program. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 513)
- House File 246
- ...adding an offense for operating while intoxicated for persons driving a motor vehicle after taking certain controlled substances, and making related changes.
- House File 247
- ... persons convicted of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated to perform community service.
- House File 248
- ... requirements for including in school district board meeting minutes any fire safety deficiencies identified by the state fire marshal or city fire inspectors.
- House File 249
- ... the exemption from the sales, services, and use taxes of the gross receipts from the sale, furnishing, or service of gas or electricity and of fuel used for heating and providing an applicability dat
- House File 250
- ...establishing a program in the department of natural resources to provide major maintenance and infrastructure improvements to existing state parks and other public facilities and making appropriations
- House File 251
- ... the implementation of certain assistance programs of the department of economic development. (Formerly HSB 53)
- House File 252
- ...limiting the number of terms a person may serve as Iowa secretary of agriculture and providing applicability and effective date provisions.
- House File 253
- ...under certain circumstances a supplemental property tax levy for county administrative costs for management of mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services and providing
- House File 254
- ... the county mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services fund levy by providing a procedure for a county to make revisions affecting the services fund levy and other levi
- House File 255
- ... the allowed growth factor adjustment for county mental health, mental retardation, and developmental disabilities services, making appropriations, and providing an effective date. (Formerly HSB 137)
- House File 256
- ... permissible charges which may be contracted for and received with respect to open-end credit. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 611)
- House File 257
- ... economic development block grants and the appropriation of financial institution franchise tax revenues.
- House File 258
- ...making an appropriation to the department of natural resources for the establishment of a wildlife diversity initiative.
- House File 259
- ... legal settlement regarding community-based providers of treatment or services.
- House File 260
- ... annexation and severance elections.
- House File 261
- ...prohibiting the operation of a satellite terminal for the purpose of making loans for gambling.
- House File 262
- ... removing exemptions from the obscenity laws.
- House File 263
- ... an insurance premium tax credit for eligible businesses under the new jobs and income program. (Formerly HSB 54) (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 721).
- House File 264
- ...establishing an increasing weighted enrollment scale for dual enrollment students and providing an effective and applicability date.
- House File 265
- ... the affirmation and reenactment of certain provisions affecting the criminal and juvenile laws, and providing an effective date. Effective 5-6-97.
- House File 266
- ... the administration of state individual income, corporate, franchise, motor fuel, and other taxes; collection of taxes and use of collection receipts; property taxes; property tax credits and replacem
- House File 267
- ...limiting a standing appropriation to the executive council for costs associated with court proceedings involving the state.
- House File 268
- ... school officers, directors, and teachers as agents for school textbooks and supplies and providing a penalty and an effective date.
- House File 269
- ...extending the regular program district cost guarantee for school districts for one year and providing an effective date.
- House File 270
- ... the establishment of a single open season for deer hunting. (See Cmte. Bill HF 458)
- House File 271
- ... the use of foreign language interpreters in the investigations of criminal offenses and providing for payment of fees.
- House File 272
- ...providing a cause of action against the state for wrongful imprisonment. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 674)
- House File 273
- ... establishing a tourism-related small business development program and making an appropriation.
- House File 274
- ... the beverage containers control program and making a penalty applicable.
- House File 275
- ... trademarks and service marks registered with the secretary of state. Effective 7-1-97.
- House File 276
- ...to consider the use of less lethal munitions by peace officers not a use of deadly force. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 635)
- House File 277
- ... free fishing days for nonresidents.
- House File 278
- ...setting the interest rate on judgments and decrees.
- House File 279
- ...making an appropriation to the department of natural resources for statewide forestry and rural development through forestry projects in cooperation with resource, conservation, and development areas.
- House File 280
- ... the offense of driving a motor vehicle when a license has been revoked or denied for driving while intoxicated, financial liability coverage and registration requirements for motor vehicles in this s
- House File 281
- ... petitions requesting establishment of satellite absentee voting stations.
- House File 282
- ... the required business hours of a travel trailer dealer.
- House File 283
- ... a prohibition on the provision of legal services by the state university of Iowa to an inmate of an institution or facility under the control of the department of corrections.
- House File 284
- ...establishing student assistance program teams and making an appropriation.
- House File 285
- ... the funding of vertical infrastructure projects by the state, establishing a vertical infrastructure commission, and providing effective dates.
- House File 286
- ... a person convicted of the offense of attempted murder to serve one hundred percent of the sentence with limited credit for good behavior.
- House File 287
- ... a day off each week for certain employees and providing penalties.
- House File 288
- ... confirmation requirements for gubernatorial appointments.
- House File 289
- ...providing for drug testing of public safety employees and making penalties applicable. (See Cmte. Bill H.F. 2470)
- House File 290
- ... animal feeding operations by providing for distance requirements, county zoning, manure management plan requirements, and nuisance suit protection, and making penalties applicable.
- House File 291
- ...defining the crime of theft to include the utterance of a financial instrument for the use of property which knowingly will not be paid when presented to a financial institution and making a penalty a
- House File 292
- ... notice of change in assessment due to an equalization order for purposes of property taxation.
- House File 293
- ... the hours during which a minor may operate a motor vehicle under a special minor's license.
- House File 294
- ... the content of handicapped parking placards.
- House File 295
- ... all-terrain vehicle registration.
- House File 296
- ...prohibiting the operation of satellite banking terminals within a gambling enclosure or at related facilities and parking areas.
- House File 297
- ... the earliest date for the beginning of regularly established elementary and secondary school classes, eliminating a penalty for an early school start, and relating to the date by which a private inst
- House File 298
- ... executive branch agencies to implement a budgeting process which utilizes certain performance measures.
- House File 299
- ...drug and alcohol testing of private sector employees and prospective employees and providing remedies and an effective date. Effective 4-16-98
© 1998 Cornell College and
League of Women Voters of Iowa
Comments about this site or page?
Please remember that the person listed above does not vote on bills. Direct all comments concerning legislation to State Legislators.
Last update: Wed Jul 1 13:48:14 CDT 1998